A living connection of disciples of Jesus Christ transforming the world through vital and fruitful congregations.
- Making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
- Equipping the local church for effective ministry
- Maintaining a high level of accountability, transparency and trust
- Strengthening the connectional nature of our denomination
- Advancing the four foci of The United Methodist Church
- Strategically aligning the resources of the Conference
Our 2013–2016 Goals*
Grow local congregations; increasing by 5% each year, the number of persons following Jesus and improving the depth of the discipleship of all persons.
*Achievements toward this goal will be measured by increases in a variety of areas.
Ministry areas and local congregations will give attention to:
- Clear expectations
- Achievable benchmarks
- Intentional assessment
- Accountability, with support
- Visioning processes that are responsive and Spirit led
The results we are expecting would be seen through improvements in:
- Passion and urgency
- Leadership development
- Our creative balance of a Wesleyan model of personal and social holiness